‘Batmobile’ car sculpture inspired by the iconic 1970s BMW E9 CSL. Create your unique artwork, choosing your own specification from stunning materials.
|limited numbered edition of:||9 editions in black|
|9 editions in white|
|size (car):||32x11x8cm or 12.5×4.25x3inch approx.|
|size (plinth):||38x16x1cm or 15x6x1/4inch approx.|
|weight:||2 kg/ 4.5 lbs approx.|
|artwork code:||Type 040|
|availability:||3 available now|
|buy from (£GBP):||£1,970|
About the sculpture:
THE INSPIRATION – The legendary BMW 3.0 CSL was nicknamed the ‘Batmobile’ for its huge race-car wings, fins and spoiler, winning six European Touring Car Championships throughout the 1970s. The ‘L’ in CSL stood for leicht (light), the car reducing it’s weight for racing, using aluminium body panels and Perspex for the windows.
THE SCULPTURE – This sculpture utilises those very same materials, along with carbon fibre, elegant hardwood, and 3d printed elements. Multiple vertical planes describe the iconic car form, with key details held between them. The race-car flared wheel arches also feature on this dramatic looking sculpture.
THE LOOK – The distinctive, deep recessed gold ‘BBS’ lattice rims are portrayed by CNC lathed aluminium with oak centres. Purchasers can choose their own bespoke custom specification, and even select a ‘Jekyll & Hyde’ version, where each side looks different (by choosing different wheel options per side).
These images are mostly CG CAD design renders for illustration purposes of the different material combinations.
NOTE: all sculptures come with an integral plinth base in various materials (see ‘Material options’ section below).
Below shows the material options for each sculpture section.
|wheel rims||wheel centre||fins/ wing||spine||plinth|
|nickel plated aluminium||Y||Y||Y|
|anodised ‘satin silver’||Y|
|flame polished acrylic b/w||Y||Y|
|3d printed b/w||Y||Y||Y|
|oak / walnut||Y||Y|
Sculpture versions & specifications:
Below are the different sculpture versions available, their material specifications, and guide prices.
|‘STEALTH ALL BLACK’ version||Black everything with carbon fibre accents, 3D printed lattice wheels, white or black flame polished acrylic plinth.||£2,110|
|‘JEKYLL & HYDE’ version||2 looks – different wheels/ details on different sides. mix of metal wheels and black 3d printed wheels, aluminium plinth.||£2,380|
|‘BLACK CARBON NICKEL’ version||Black acrylic body, carbon fibre fins/ wing, aluminium spine/ rims, bushed aluminium base.||£2,590|
|‘WHITE ANODISED’ version||white body, wings, spoiler, silver anodised rims with oak centres. aluminium plinth.||£2,460|
|‘WHITEOUT’ version||every component is white, (including rims / plinth) like a classic carved sculpture.||£1,970|
|‘CUSTOM BESPOKE’||choose your own specification. oak plinth variant of ‘WHITE ANODISED’ shown here for example.||£ POA|
Each sculpture comes with:
- 1 – Each sculpture plinth is signed and dated by the artist.
- 2 – Certificate of Authenticity, complete with numbered edition, signed and dated by the artist.
- 3 – Protective baize underside to each plinth.
- 4 – Protective white cloth gloves, to professionally handle the artwork.
- 5 – A ‘Wheelnut’ tool, allows you to orientate the wheel inserts to your desired angle.
- A – Display cases (Gallery grade, UV bonded, with slotted base) available to order.
- B – Name plaques (personalised details can be engraved/ etched) available to order.
International shipping is available (secure crate / tracked / insured).
Local collection from my workshop is possible by appointment.
Other artworks you may like…
- ‘Monster 917’Stunning half scale sculpture inspired by the iconic Porsche 917k Le Mans, a maze of tubular aluminium and carbon fibre connected by artist designed 3d printed joints. Price £17k
- ‘Skeletale 917’Stunning elongated 1/12th scale sculpture inspired by the Porsche 917k Le Mans winner 1970. Single 3d printed form, Edition of 17. £1790
- ‘E-Racer’‘E-Racer’ sculpture is inspired by the sleek Formula E racecar. Featuring steambent wood body and aerodynamic tail with carbon fibre details.
- ‘Aeromax’‘Aeromax’ car sculpture is inspired by the sleek curves of the Morgan Aeromax. Featuring Ash mirroring the real wood framework of the car. Editions of 9.
- ‘904 Speedtail’Streamlined tail car sculpture collaboration with artist Steven James, inspired by 1960s Porsche 904 Carrera GTS. Editions of 9. £2790