‘E-Racer’ sculpture is inspired by the sleek Formula E racecar. Featuring steambent wood body and aerodynamic tail with carbon fibre details.
|limited numbered edition of:|
|total size (cm):||60 x 18 x 10 cm approx.|
|total size (inches):||24 x 7 x 4 inches approx.|
|weight:||TBC kg/ TBC lbs approx.|
|artwork code:||Type 084|
|buy from (£GBP):|
About the sculpture:
THE INSPIRATION – The Formula E Gen 2 EVO car is the inspiration for this sculpture. This design was due to race in 2021, a more minimalist bodywork that retained the dramatic beautiful curves of the body sides.
THE SCULPTURE – Hand bent hardwood horizontal and vertical planes capture the defining curves of the car, with the under-body sweeping up to create a rooster tail. Carbon Fibre hoops define the wheels.
THE LOOK – This sculpture accentuates Matthew Humphries’ stunning design by elongating the form to be lower and longer. A flame polished black acrylic spine adds contrast and silhouettes the key shapes of the side window shape. The result is a curvaceous and tactile form to cherish.
These CG rendered images show the artwork from various angles, with oak for illustration purposes.
NOTE: all sculptures come with an integral plinth base in various materials (see ‘Material options’ section below).
Below shows the material options for each sculpture section.
|oak / walnut/ ash||Y|
|flame polished acrylic||Y|
Sculpture versions & specifications:
Below are the different sculpture versions available, their material specifications, and guide prices.
|‘OAK SPEEDTAIL’ version||hardwood steambent sections, hardwood ‘speedtail’, carbon fibre, 3d printed, and flame polished acrylic on brushed aluminium base.|
|‘CUSTOM BESPOKE’ version||choose your own specification.|
Each sculpture comes with:
- 1 – Each sculpture plinth is signed and dated by the artist.
- 2 – Certificate of Authenticity, complete with numbered edition, signed and dated by the artist.
- 3 – Protective baize underside to each plinth.
- 4 – Protective white cloth gloves, to professionally handle the artwork.
- A – Display cases (Gallery grade, UV bonded, with slotted base) available to order.
- B – Name plaques (personalised details can be engraved/ etched) available to order.
International shipping is available (secure crate / tracked / insured).
Local collection from my workshop is possible by appointment.
Other artworks you may like…
- ‘Monster 917’Stunning half scale sculpture inspired by the iconic Porsche 917k Le Mans, a maze of tubular aluminium and carbon fibre connected by artist designed 3d printed joints. Price £37k
- ‘Skeletale 917’Stunning elongated 1/12th scale sculpture inspired by the Porsche 917k Le Mans winner 1970. Single 3d printed form, Edition of 17. £1790
- ‘E-Racer’‘E-Racer’ sculpture is inspired by the sleek Formula E racecar. Featuring steambent wood body and aerodynamic tail with carbon fibre details.
- ‘Aeromax’‘Aeromax’ car sculpture is inspired by the sleek curves of the Morgan Aeromax. Featuring Ash mirroring the real wood framework of the car. Editions of 9.
- ‘904 Speedtail’Streamlined tail car sculpture collaboration with artist Steven James, inspired by 1960s Porsche 904 Carrera GTS. Editions of 9. £2790