‘904 Speedtail’ sculpture is inspired by the sleek 1960s Porsche 904 road and race car. A work of art created with artist Steven James.
|limited numbered edition of:||9 editions|
|total size (cm):||100 x 18 x 14 cm approx.|
|total size (inches):||38 x 7 x 5 inches approx.|
|weight:||TBC kg/ TBC lbs approx.|
|artwork code:||Type 060|
|buy from (£GBP):||£2,790|
About the sculpture:
THE INSPIRATION – The beautiful Porsche 904 was a 1960’s race car that was also built for the road, with just over 100 build for racing homologation. Also known as the Carrera GTS.
THE SCULPTURE – This sculpture accentuates Steven James’ stunning car form with a long curved wooden swept tail section, using multiple stripes of steamed and hand bent interlocking ash. A beautiful long plinth of Walnut features in this artwork. The car form is cast concrete, polished and real gold leaf covering it, with a distressed finish look.
THE LOOK – The angled rear leads to long arcing curved strips of ash. These handcrafted wooden tail elements twist and interweave, portraying an imagined aerodynamic airflow. Purchasers can choose their own bespoke custom specification of materials and finishes.
These images show the artwork from all angles.
NOTE: all sculptures come with an integral plinth base in various materials (see ‘Material options’ section below).
Below shows the material options for each sculpture section.
|black stained concrete||Y|
|oak / walnut/ ash||Y||Y|
Sculpture versions & specifications:
Below are the different sculpture versions available, their material specifications, and guide prices.
|‘GOLD, ASH, OAK’ version||Gold leaf over concrete car form, ash steambent sections on solid walnut base.||£2,790|
|‘CUSTOM BESPOKE’||choose your own specification.||£ POA|
Each sculpture comes with:
- 1 – Each sculpture plinth is signed and dated by the artist.
- 2 – Certificate of Authenticity, complete with numbered edition, signed and dated by the artist.
- 3 – Protective baize underside to each plinth.
- 4 – Protective white cloth gloves, to professionally handle the artwork.
- A – Display cases (Gallery grade, UV bonded, with slotted base) available to order.
- B – Name plaques (personalised details can be engraved/ etched) available to order.
International shipping is available (secure crate / tracked / insured).
Local collection from my workshop is possible by appointment.
Other artworks you may like…
- ‘E-Racer’‘E-Racer’ sculpture is inspired by the sleek Formula E racecar. Featuring steambent wood body and aerodynamic tail with carbon fibre details.
- ‘Aeromax’‘Aeromax’ car sculpture is inspired by the sleek curves of the Morgan Aeromax. Featuring Ash mirroring the real wood framework of the car. Editions of 9.
- ‘904 Speedtail’Streamlined tail car sculpture collaboration with artist Steven James, inspired by 1960s Porsche 904 Carrera GTS. Editions of 9. £2790
- ‘RSR Speedtail’Streamlined tail car sculpture collaboration with artist Steven James, inspired by the 1973 Porsche 911 RSR ‘Mary Stuart’. Editions of 9. £2390
- ‘Whale Tail’Streamlined car sculpture inspired by the iconic 1970s Porsche 935 ‘Whaletail’. Bespoke material specification choices. Editions of 9. From £TBC