Stunning half scale sculpture inspired by the iconic Porsche 917k, a maze of tubular aluminium and carbon fibre connected by artist designed 3d printed joints.
|limited numbered edition of:||4 editions worldwide|
|materials:||aluminium, carbon fibre, acrylic, 3d printed nylon|
|size (cm):||259 cm x 104 x 47 approx.|
|size (inches):||100 inch x 39 x 18 approx.|
|weight:||5 kg/ 14 lbs approx.|
|artwork code:||Type 071|
|availability:||1 available now|
|acquire for (£GBP):||£17,900|
About the sculpture:
THE INSPIRATION – 50 years ago, drivers Helmut Marko and Gijs van Lennep won Le Mans in their Martini Porsche 917k at a record speed and distance, only beaten twice since! The car’s secret advantage came from its unique Magnesium-alloy chassis: super lightweight yet fragile, and notably hard to weld. This secret is celebrated in Ambrose’s sculpture.
THE SCULPTURE – Jonny Ambrose’s digitally designed sculpture is a stylised, half scale Porsche 917 in tubular carbon fibre and aluminium, connected by custom 3d printed ‘organic’ joints. The polygonal 2.5m long design, with detailed representative chassis, creates a bold and playful 3d maze of interweaving lines to look into and wonder at.
THE LOOK – The half scale chassis is portrayed by aluminium tubes, not welded but uniquely connected by bespoke ‘3d printed’ joints, all individually designed and constructed by the artist. With a carbon fibre ‘body’ also connected by black 3d printed joints, the result is a lightweight, fragile looking sculptural maze of lines to lose yourself in.
The sculpture comes with an integral white plinth base. Alternative options can be arranged.
Each sculpture comes with:
- 1 – Each sculpture is signed and dated by the artist.
- 2 – Certificate of Authenticity, complete with numbered edition, signed and dated by the artist.
- 3 – Protective baize underside to each plinth.
- 4 – Protective white cloth gloves, to professionally handle the artwork
International shipping is available (secure crate / tracked / insured).
Local collection from my workshop is possible by appointment.
Other artworks you may like…
- ‘Monster 917’Stunning half scale sculpture inspired by the iconic Porsche 917k Le Mans, a maze of tubular aluminium and carbon fibre connected by artist designed 3d printed joints. Price £17k
- ‘Skeletale 917’Stunning elongated 1/12th scale sculpture inspired by the Porsche 917k Le Mans winner 1970. Single 3d printed form, Edition of 17. £1790
- ‘E-Racer’‘E-Racer’ sculpture is inspired by the sleek Formula E racecar. Featuring steambent wood body and aerodynamic tail with carbon fibre details.
- ‘Aeromax’‘Aeromax’ car sculpture is inspired by the sleek curves of the Morgan Aeromax. Featuring Ash mirroring the real wood framework of the car. Editions of 9.
- ‘904 Speedtail’Streamlined tail car sculpture collaboration with artist Steven James, inspired by 1960s Porsche 904 Carrera GTS. Editions of 9. £2790