‘Aeromax’ sculpture is inspired by the sleek curves of the Morgan Aeromax. Featuring Ash mirroring the real wood framework of the car. Coming soon
|limited numbered edition of:||9 editions|
|total size (cm):||48 x 18 x 11cmapprox.|
|total size (inches):||19 x 7 x 4 inches approx.|
|weight:||TBC kg/ TBC lbs approx.|
|artwork code:||Type 045|
|buy from (£GBP):||£POA|
About the sculpture:
THE INSPIRATION – The beautiful Morgan Aeromax first debuted at the 2005 Geneva Motor Show, and was limited to just 100 examples. With it’s distinctive inward angled headlamps, it remains a definitive stylish car design, whose sweeping curves inspire this sculpture.
THE SCULPTURE – Hand bent ash hardwood vertical planes capture the defining curves of the car, bending to a tapered point at the rear like the real car. Carbon Fibre hoops define the wheel locations, headlamps and the distinctive letterbox windscreen. 3d printed grill completes the iconic Morgan front end.
THE LOOK – This sculpture accentuates Matthew Humphries’ stunning design by elongating the form to be lower and longer. A flame polished black acrylic spine adds contrast and silhouettes the key shapes of the side window shape. The result is a curvaceous and tactile form to cherish.
These CG rendered images show the artwork from various angles, with oak for illustration purposes.
NOTE: all sculptures come with an integral plinth base in various materials (see ‘Material options’ section below).
Below shows the material options for each sculpture section.
|oak / walnut/ ash||Y||Y||Y|
|flame polished acrylic||Y||Y|
Sculpture versions & specifications:
Below are the different sculpture versions available, their material specifications, and guide prices.
|‘OAK VERSION’ version||hardwood steambent sections, carbon fibre, 3d printed, and flame polished acrylic on brushed aluminium base.|
|‘CUSTOM BESPOKE’ version||choose your own specification.|
Each sculpture comes with:
- 1 – Each sculpture plinth is signed and dated by the artist.
- 2 – Certificate of Authenticity, complete with numbered edition, signed and dated by the artist.
- 3 – Protective baize underside to each plinth.
- 4 – Protective white cloth gloves, to professionally handle the artwork.
- A – Display cases (Gallery grade, UV bonded, with slotted base) available to order.
- B – Name plaques (personalised details can be engraved/ etched) available to order.
International shipping is available (secure crate / tracked / insured).
Local collection from my workshop is possible by appointment.
Other artworks you may like…
- ‘E-Racer’‘E-Racer’ sculpture is inspired by the sleek Formula E racecar. Featuring steambent wood body and aerodynamic tail with carbon fibre details.
- ‘Aeromax’‘Aeromax’ car sculpture is inspired by the sleek curves of the Morgan Aeromax. Featuring Ash mirroring the real wood framework of the car. Editions of 9.
- ‘904 Speedtail’Streamlined tail car sculpture collaboration with artist Steven James, inspired by 1960s Porsche 904 Carrera GTS. Editions of 9. £2790
- ‘RSR Speedtail’Streamlined tail car sculpture collaboration with artist Steven James, inspired by the 1973 Porsche 911 RSR ‘Mary Stuart’. Editions of 9. £2390
- ‘Whale Tail’Streamlined car sculpture inspired by the iconic 1970s Porsche 935 ‘Whaletail’. Bespoke material specification choices. Editions of 9. From £TBC