‘Whale Tail’ sculpture is inspired by the iconic 1970s Porsche 935, also known as ‘Moby Dick’. Create your unique artwork, choosing your own specification from stunning materials.
|limited numbered edition of:||9 editions in black|
|9 editions in white|
|total size (cm):||48 x 18 x 9cmapprox.|
|total size (inches):||19 x 7 x 3.5 inches approx.|
|weight:||TBC kg/ TBC lbs approx.|
|artwork code:||Type 055|
|buy from (£GBP):||£TBC|
About the sculpture:
THE INSPIRATION – The legendary Porsche 935 was nicknamed the ‘Wlale Tail’ & also ‘Moby Dick’ for its extra long sweeping rear end. It won the Le Mans 24 hour race in 1979. The 935, in it’s many guises, won every one in every 3 races it entered.
THE SCULPTURE – This sculpture accentuates the sleek form and swept tail section, using multiple vertical planes in flame polished acrylic and Richlite. Carbon fibre, anodised wheel rims and 3d printed elements all feature in this artwork. The race-car flared wheel arches also feature on this dramatic looking sculpture.
THE LOOK – The distinctive, deep recessed red ‘BBS’ ‘turbo fan’ rims are portrayed by CNC lathed aluminium, anodised with colour. Purchasers can choose their own bespoke custom specification, and even select a ‘Jekyll & Hyde’ version, where each side looks different (by choosing different wheel options per side).
These images are currently CG CAD design renders for illustration purposes of the different material combinations.
NOTE: all sculptures come with an integral plinth base in various materials (see ‘Material options’ section below).
Below shows the material options for each sculpture section.
|nickel plated aluminium||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|flame polished acrylic b/w||Y||Y||Y|
|3d printed b/w||Y||Y|
|oak / walnut||Y|
Sculpture versions & specifications:
Below are the different sculpture versions available, their material specifications, and guide prices.
|‘STEALTH ALL BLACK’ version||Black everything with carbon fibre accents, 3D printed lattice wheels, white or black flame polished acrylic plinth.||£TBC|
|‘JEKYLL & HYDE’ version||2 looks – different wheels/ details on different sides. mix of metal wheels and black 3d printed wheels, aluminium plinth.||£TBC|
|‘BLACK CARBON ANODISED’ version||Black acrylic body, carbon fibre wing, aluminium spine/ rims, bushed aluminium base.||£TBC|
|‘WHITE ANODISED’ version||white body, wings, spoiler, anodised rims, aluminium plinth.||£TBC|
|‘WHITEOUT’ version||every component is white, (including rims / plinth) like a classic carved sculpture.||£TBC|
|‘CUSTOM BESPOKE’||choose your own specification.||£ POA|
Each sculpture comes with:
- 1 – Each sculpture plinth is signed and dated by the artist.
- 2 – Certificate of Authenticity, complete with numbered edition, signed and dated by the artist.
- 3 – Protective baize underside to each plinth.
- 4 – Protective white cloth gloves, to professionally handle the artwork.
- 5 – A ‘Wheelnut’ tool, allows you to orientate the wheel inserts to your desired angle.
- A – Display cases (Gallery grade, UV bonded, with slotted base) available to order.
- B – Name plaques (personalised details can be engraved/ etched) available to order.
International shipping is available (secure crate / tracked / insured).
Local collection from my workshop is possible by appointment.
Other artworks you may like…
- ‘E-Racer’‘E-Racer’ sculpture is inspired by the sleek Formula E racecar. Featuring steambent wood body and aerodynamic tail with carbon fibre details.
- ‘Aeromax’‘Aeromax’ car sculpture is inspired by the sleek curves of the Morgan Aeromax. Featuring Ash mirroring the real wood framework of the car. Editions of 9.
- ‘904 Speedtail’Streamlined tail car sculpture collaboration with artist Steven James, inspired by 1960s Porsche 904 Carrera GTS. Editions of 9. £2790
- ‘RSR Speedtail’Streamlined tail car sculpture collaboration with artist Steven James, inspired by the 1973 Porsche 911 RSR ‘Mary Stuart’. Editions of 9. £2390
- ‘Whale Tail’Streamlined car sculpture inspired by the iconic 1970s Porsche 935 ‘Whaletail’. Bespoke material specification choices. Editions of 9. From £TBC